Frequently Asked Questions
Can’t find the answer? Call our office at 213-444-8235.
What is Oasis KGI Commons ?
Oasis KGI Commons is a new apartment community specifically developed for students, faculty and staff of the Claremont Colleges.
When will Oasis KGI Commons open?
Oasis KGI Commons will open its doors in the fall of 2018. While the community is under construction, the temporary management office will have all the details you need to sign a license agreement.
Why should I live in Oasis KGI Commons?
There are several reasons but a few stand out:
- Brand NEW living learning community
- Vibrant location in the heart of the Claremont Village – directly behind the Packing House
- Dedicated maintenance staff – 24 hour emergency response
- Designated parking lot
What is included in my apartment?
Your rent includes:
- Refrigerator, stove and dishwasher
- Internet (wired & wireless)
- Electricity up to $50.00 will be included. The “overage” will be equally divided among and paid by the residents.
What is included in my community?
- 24-hour on-call emergency maintenance
- Electronic building access
- Parking (first-come, first-served)
- Fitness center
- Indoor and outdoor bike storage
- Study lounges
- Swimming pool
- BBQ area
What policies are in place to foster safety at Oasis KGI Commons?
Can I have a pet if I live at Oasis KGI Commons?
Yes, Oasis KGI Commons is a pet-friendly community. We accept both cats and dogs under 35 pounds. A $300 pet deposit and $30 monthly pet fee will apply. Contact the Oasis housing office for breed restrictions.
What are the community standards/rules at Oasis KGI Commons?
Where can I park if I live at Oasis KGI Commons?
Oasis KGI Commons has designated parking lots for residents. Parking spaces are available on a first-come, first-serve. Details on parking permits will be provided closer to your move-in date.
What are the eligibility requirements to live in Oasis KGI Commons?
How do I apply to live in Oasis KGI Commons?
Applications are available here or you are welcome to visit our office. Any student who is eligible to live at Oasis KGI Commons may submit an application. However, licenses will be available based on a first-come, first-served basis.
Is Oasis KGI Commons ADA compliant?
Yes, Oasis KGI Commons is an ADA compliant community. Oasis values all visitors and residents and seeks to provide accessibility to meet the needs of everyone.